The Columbus Food Co-op will serve and strengthen the community by providing wholesome foods and products while practicing and encouraging sustainability.
If the video is taking a while to load, click "pause", let it load, and then play. Enjoy!
Our Collective Goals
- To support local producers and sustainable agriculture,
- To provide health enhancing food,
- To keep prices as low as possible,
- To create a sustainable business based on member-ownership and democratic decision making,
- To be fair and supportive to our employees and to be sensitive to the working and living conditions of those who make what we sell,
- To be a community resource that helps the people of Columbus and surrounding areas lead healthier lives,
- To be good stewards of the environment through conscientious, sustainable use of resources,
- To reach out to low-income members of the community, and
- To welcome all.
The board meets the 3rd Thursday from 5:30-7pm in the lower conference room of The Commons. If you are a member-owner and plan to attend, please email or call to confirm in case the meeting location has changed. firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-343-3588
The Board of Directors for the Columbus Food Co-op is currently comprised of nine member-owners residing in the local community.
*A huge THANKS to Michael Greven and Liz Nolan-Greven, who served as Interim Board President and Secretary until June 2012. They relocated to Kenya in August.